Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 45001 is an assessment specification for a Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. It was developed to help organizations meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient and effective manner. Occupational health and safety is a cross-disciplinary area concerned with protecting the safety, health and welfare of people engaged in work or employment. The goal of all occupational health and safety programs is to foster a safe work environment. There are some supporting standards which gives the guidelines for implementation of the ISO 45001, Occupational Health and Safety Management System. Effective implementation of the system and certification add the value of the following benefits.
- Reduced risk to employees, customers and suppliers
- Reduction in the costs associated with accidents at work
- Enhanced staff morale and motivation
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Competitive advantage