VAS -Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
PPAP is an evidence based documented process, which helps to build the potential to produce products consistently meeting the customer requirements at the quoted production rate. This process also helps the supplier to understand the customer requirements clearly from design level to the finished stage.
PPAP Submission is required, when there is….
- New product or development
- Any Design or process change from the validated conditions
- Refurbishment or Rearrangement of tooling, equipment or process
- Any process or tooling or equipment is INACTIVE for more than 12 months
PPAP is helpful to demonstrate that the manufacturing process has the potential to produce product that consistently meets all requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate. Depending up on the applicability there is span from level1 to level5 for PPAP Consideration.
The following are the primary PPAP Requirements:
• Design Records• Authorized Engineering Change Documents• Customer Engineering Approval, if required• Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) applied in special situations• Process Flow Diagram• Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)• Control Plan• Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)• Dimensional Results• Records of Material / Performance Test Results• Initial Process Studies• Qualified Laboratory Documentation• Appearance Approval Report (AAR)• Sample Production Parts• Master Sample• Checking Aids• Customer-Specific Requirements• Part Submission Warrant (PSW)
|Course Duration (Days) : 01